If you are like most people, your cholesterol numbers are measured regularly by your doctor and if he/she deems them elevated, you may be prescribed a cholesterol-lowering drug like a statin to lower your heart disease risk.
But does science support this?
You may be surprised to hear that the real truth may be different, and that the omega 3/6 index is a much better measure of longtime health and survival than your cholesterol.
In the article below I describe evidence-backed benefits for different issues.
Click on an item in the table of contents to directly go there!
Table of Contents:
- Benefits for Heart Health
- Benefits for Brain and Mental Health
- Benefits for Type 2 Diabetes
- Benefits for Skin Health
- Benefits for Eye Health
- Benefits for Pregnancy, Infants and Children
- Benefits For Longevity and Healthy Aging
- Benefits for Back and Joint Pain
- Benefits for the Immune System
- Benefits for Fitness
- Food Sources of Omega 3's
- Do You Get Enough?
An omega−3 fatty acid is a fatty acid with multiple double bonds, where the first double bond is between the third and fourth carbon atoms from the end of the carbon atom chain. “Short chain” omega−3 fatty acids have a chain of 18 carbon atoms or less, while “long chain” omega−3 fatty acids have a chain of 20…